Will recommend policies to:
- Strengthen the revenue base supporting public education at both the state and local levels, including for property reassessment and tax adjustment
- Adopt a weighted student funding formula or a modification of the current unit formula that incorporates allocations for school with high concentrations of student in poverty and English language learners and expands basic special education support to grades K-3
- Fund the redistricting process and provide additional assistance to schools in the impacted districts
- Conduct a needs assessment to evaluate whether the remaining districts in Wilmington require new middle and high schools in the city
- Support the increased investment needed to sustain and accelerate advances in early childhood learning and in workforce and college access that meet the needs of low-income students
Committee meetings are open to the public. Meeting locations, dates, and times are posted on the Delaware Public Meeting Calendar and the Solutions for Delaware Schools Calendar. All meeting minutes will be posted upon approval of the committee.
Agendas & Minutes
Jill Floore, Co-chair
Chief Financial Officer, Red Clay Consolidated School District
Mike Jackson, Co-chair
Deputy Comptroller-General, State of Delaware
Susan Bunting, Ed.D.
Superintendent, Indian River School District
Kevin Carson, Ed.D.
Executive Director, Delaware Association of School Administrators
Director of Legislation and Political Organizing, Delaware State Education Association
Director, Division of Business, Colonial School District
Policy Scientist, University of Delaware’s Institute for Public Administration
Jason Hale, Ed.D.
Director of Business, New Castle County Vocational Technical School District
Andy Hegedus, Ed.D.
Education Analyst and Resident, Christina School District
Chief Financial Officer, Brandywine School District
Office of Management and Budget, State of Delaware
Vice-Chair, Wilmington Education Improvement Commission, Red Clay Parent
President, Red Clay Education Association
Red Clay Consolidated School District School Board
Director, Center for Applied Demography and Survey Research, University of Delaware
Chief Financial Officer, Christina School District